On May 22 we welcomed our newest addition to the family. William was born at 5:07pm and weighed 7 lbs 14 ozs 20 inches long. He was what we would call a speedy delivery. To recap the day I went to work all day until 3:30. I then went to pick Cole up from daycare. All day at work I was having contractions but did not know that was what they were at the time. They were very irregular so I thought what I was having was braxton hicks. On my way to pick Cole up I kind of started to feel a little different and was starting to be able to feel the contractions a lot more and they were also wrapping around to my back. I called Matt at work and told him that I thought I was in labor but still was not 100% sure as I was induced with Cole and did not know what I should be feeling. On my way home from picking Cole up I called my midwife office and they told me to go home rest and time my contractions for an hour. I made that call at 4:00. At 4:20 I was in a whole lot of pain and could not time the contractions because they were coming so often. So we got loaded up and I called back to the midwives and they told me to just go straight to the hospital. I asked them if I could order my epidural now over the phone as I wanted to die. They thought I was joking but I was so serious! We then headed to Matt's aunt and uncles in Urbandale to drop Cole off. At this point I was in a whole lot of pain and could hardly talk because I was having to breathe through my contractions. When we arrived at the hospital after running a few red lights and me saying a few not so nice words Matt pulled right up to the doors and I walked in and he went to park. When I sat down in the wheelchair I knew we were in trouble because I suddenly got the urge to push and could feel a lot of pressure. Matt finally got in from the parking lot and we made our way up to the maternity floor. We had quite the elevator ride up to the 6th floor. On the 3rd floor the elevator started to slow to let someone else on. I began screaming "no, no, shut the door." That poor lady on the other side of the door that I was yelling at had no clue what was going on. When we got to our floor and off the elevator I began yelling once again " I need to push, I need to push." They got me right into a room and Matt pushed me over to the bed. I kicked my shoes off and slowly got up and painfully made my way into the bed. Oh the look on Matt's face when I got into the bed was priceless. He then proceeded to tell me that the head was right there. The nurses were all scrambling around and trying to find my midwife for the delivery. I started to push and Will was born within 7 minutes of our arrival into the room. Then when it was all over we checked in and were both in quite shock as to what had just happened. Yes, next time I will go to the hospital a lot sooner so Matt does not have to perform the delivery.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment